To change the sidebar design of your WordPress site all you need to do is:
- Log into WordPress
- Go to Appearance>Widgets.
Here you will find one to several available sidebars. To remove an item from the sidebar:
- Click on the down arrow on the right hand side of that item in the sidebar.
- This will open the item.
- At the bottom you can click on delete and the item will be removed from your sidebar.
To add an item:
- Pick any of the items from the available widgets area and drag it to the sidebar or section you would like it in.
- Modify or adjust the setting for the widget by opening (click the arrow on the right side to open it)
- Enter or change the information to have the details you need.
If all else fails you can add a text widget which will allow you to place any text or html.
Learn more about WordPress design